Hello friends, today I shall show you how to change the logon screen background image in Windows 7. Are you tired and bored of the normal login screen, which you feel is dull? Then worry not, you can put your favourite image as the background picture in the logon screen. Here is how to do it, in just 7 SIMPLE and EASY steps.
- Go to Start, type “regedit” in the search box. Regedit stands for Registry Editor.
- The registry editor opens up. There, you will find 5 folders, starting with the name HKEY. HKEY stands for Handle to Registry Key.
- Now, navigate to the following address, starting from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- There, on the right, you will find a parameter called “OEMBackground”. Double click on it and in the box below “Value data:”, change the value from 0 to 1. This enables us to put images of our choice at the Login Screen. Close the Registry Editor.
- Now, from My Computer, navigate to the following address -> C:\Windows\System32\oobe. There, create a folder called “info”. Inside that folder “info”, create another folder called “backgrounds”. So inside this folder (C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds), paste your favourite JPEG image, the one you want as your Login screen background.
- Name that image as “background Default” . Note that it strictly has to be named so, else the changes won’t occur. Take care that the size of the image is not more than 256 KB.
- Restart your computer, and when it comes to the Login screen, you will see that your new image is the background of the Login screen.