Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman’s original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Runs on Windows, Linux/ Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- Free and open source software (GPL)
Instructions are included in each LiveCD ISO File – For Windows XP and Vista
Installer is included for all other OS and Platforms including Windows 7